I survived my meatless week.
It didn't quite go off as I'd hoped. I wanted to spend the week leafing through my vegetarian cookbook and selecting and cooking recipes at home. However, it turned into a very busy social week, and I'm not sure Zinc or I even ate in once that week.
I have some interesting observations about meatlessness. For one, my body *craved* sweets in a way that is very unusual for me. Considering the additional carbs I was ingesting, I found this to be rather odd. Second, I didn't lose *any* weight, but then again, my intake of vegetables didn't increase in the way that I'd hoped it would. Lastly, Mexican food is FANTASTIC for a meatless week! I had one of the best burritos of my life, sans my usual carnitas.
So, now that Meatless Week is over - now what? Well, for starters, it's a good time for me to review my diet and really consider everything that I am eating. I'm going to need to start with breakfast. Second of all, I really want to make an effort to incorporate greens in every meal that I eat. Third, I'm getting older! It's time to really review those diet supplements to make sure that I'm getting everything that I need.
In total, I wasn't terribly satisfied with this Quest. So, I'm going to schedule a round two in the spring to see if I can accomplish more the second time around than I did this week.
Now, on to Quest 3! Stay tuned for more details.
XOXO
LuckyBroad
No comments:
Post a Comment