Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mid-Week Meatless Check In

Update: Quest #2 Eat Meatless for One Week

If I listen closely, I think the Maple Cheddar Sausage Sandwich from Dunkin Donuts is calling me.

I made the mistake early on of going to Dunkin for my coffee this week (I usually got to Starbucks). This coincided poorly with the introduction of their seasonal breakfast sandwich, which has long since been one of my favorites. I avoided the monster displays and tried hard not to look at the special offerings as I ordered from Dunk's specialty healthy menu. But I swear - that sandwich was whispering.

It's Day 4 of the Meatless Quest, and this is the first day that I feel myself truly craving meat. Maybe it's because it's lunch time, and I'm hungry, but there's a part of me right now that would throw a whole turkey in the over if I had one at my disposal.

In truth, Meatless Week hasn't gone entirely as I've planned. I wanted an opportunity to make some delectable vegetarian dishes from scratch, but my schedule this week has been a bit hectic and I haven't been able to sit home for one meal thus far. I'm going to try the vegetarian lasagna tonight but I'm a bit disappointed that although I've been eating meatless, it's been a lot of veggie burger.

The first lesson in meatlessness is to watch out for the carbs! A carnivore like me could easily fall back on the ole potato when there isn't meat to be had. I've done my best to avoid pasta dishes (something I normally avoid anyway) but I have to say that the temptation is there. I did find a delicious pizza joint that specializes in gluten free pizza. I had a slice with spinach, squash and cherry tomatoes last night. It was DELICIOUS.

I'm off to find some lunch. Maybe a nice big salad? Who knows! I just hope I don't encounter a salami stick. There could be trouble.

XOXO
LuckyBroad

No comments:

Post a Comment